AREPA REINA PEPIADA
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (about 1/2 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Hass avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and finely diced
- 2 Arepas
- Danbo Cheese
- Reggianito Cheese
For Reina Pepiada: Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and cilantro and salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine. Gently stir in the avocado, taste, and adjust the seasonings as needed.
For Plating: Slice a slit into the top edge of each arepa and gently wiggle a paring knife into the arepa, creating a pocket.
Divide the Reina Pepiada among the arepas.
- Add Danbo Cheese
- For an extra kick of flavor add Reggianito cheese to the mix inside the arepa.