- 15 medium size or 25 small empanada discs (use homemade empanada dough for baking)
- 3 cups shredded hard queso or Danbo Cheese
- ½ white onion, chopped finely
- 1 egg, white and yolk separated and lightly whisked
- Mix the cheese and onion together.
- To assemble the empanadas spoon the cheese and onion mixture on the center of the empanada discs.
- Brush the edges of the empanada discs with the egg whites (this is will help them seal better and keep the filling from leaking while baking) .
- Fold the empanada discs and seal the edges, use a fork to help seal the empanadas.
- Lightly brush the top of the empanadas with the egg yolk, this will give a nice golden glow when they bake.
- Chill the empanadas for at least 30 minutes, this will help them seal better and prevent leaks.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.