- 1 pack of puff pastry discs.
- ½ a pound of cube-sliced Dambo cheese.
- 8 ounces of cube-sliced guava paste.
- 1 cup of wheat flour.
- 1 egg.
- lace ingredients on your work table.
- Flour the cheese cubes so they won’t melt as quickly while in the oven.
- Take a puff pastry disc (repeat with each) and add a spoonful of Dambo cheese and a spoonful of guava paste at the middle, close the disc by joining left and right ends (like a taco) and seal using a fork.
- After you’re finished fixing up the empanadas, put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to compact the puff pastry for a more successful bake.
- Before putting the empanadas into the oven, brush them with beaten egg so they can brown more properly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the empanadas are crispy.
- Serve at your leisure and enjoy this delightful meal!