TOMATO AND VEGGIE CREPES
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bag of spinach
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 strips turkey bacon
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 Danbo cheese
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blanch the broccoli.
- Cook turkey bacon strips in a medium-sized pan, leaving whatever fat is remaining. Remove when cooked from pan and pat down with a paper towel. Once cooled, chop into bite-size pieces.
- In the same medium-sized pan, turn heat to medium-high and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
- After the olive oil has heated a bit, add minced garlic and diced onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add spinach and sauté. When the spinach is almost done, add the already blanched broccoli.
- Turn heat to low and add 5 diced tomatoes and the cooked bacon.
- Shred block of Danbo cheese and set aside.
- Once the filling has been made, you can get started on the crepes!
- At this point, turn oven to 350F.
- Mix batter together and let rest (covered) in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Fill the crepes as they are coming off the stove. Add about two heaping tablespoons of filling and a small handful of shredded cheese. Transfer them to a baking dish and fold either quesadilla style or rolled like an enchilada.
- After the crepes are all finished, cover them with shredded Danbo cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with diced scallions.